Sunday, February 26, 2012

"I Have A Say" - Send Me Your Stories!!! PLEASE!!!

Cecile Richards is the President of Planned Parenthood and she put out a video yesterday asking women to post videos titled "I Have a Say." Her stated rationale was to protest women not being invited to a recent House meeting on birth control. The meeting was on religious freedom, not birth control, so their lies continue.

Anyway, I've started a second blog called "I Have A Say" and I want to make it a place that is solely filled with YOUR stories. Stories about why your thankful you do have a say! Perhaps a thank you to your parents who, through their "yes to life" have given you a say. It could be a beautiful collection of stories and essays affirming life and all of its beauty.

Again..."Who are you thankful for giving you a say, and what does it mean to you to have a say."

Please send entries to fatherjohnhollowell@gmail.com. Let me know if you want your full name published, just your first name, or your entire name. Also, please give me a TITLE for what you write.

Spread this around; I'd love to get tons of stories on there. The address for the other blog is http://i--have--a--say.blogspot.com/ (or you can click here to visit the site)

3 comments:

  1. As a husband and father of three daughters, two adopted, I thank you for bringing out the truth. My two adopted daughters (twins) were almost aborted but their birth mother had once already done that and thankfully she didn't do it again. Only the birth mother knows what all had happened but my family thanks her in thought every time we think about it. Today the twins are sixteen and living testimony of great accomplishments and have already mastered piano and three sports that most people don't in a full lifetime. Both will have division 1 college athletic scholarships. I mention this because people don't think about what life the world is missing and I know the difference the twins are making. One of my twins literally lights up a room full of her friends like no other. It is a blessing she has never had to work at. The other is the most talented athlete in one of her sports this part of the country has ever had. Again it is a gift she has that she does work at but nonetheless it is a gift from God. The twins are not flawless but no human is. I just hope to let people know that there are so many ways that we can be perfect and by letting life happen is about as perfect as we can get.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Thank you. My story shall be sent shortly.

    www.unconventionalwomanhood.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM A VIETNAM VET (CAMBODIAN) I HAVE BEEN THROUGH 3 CONTINOUS REHAB PROGRAM IN MENLO PARK CA I ALSO HAVE PTSD I AM ACHEF WITH 40 YEARS EXP AND AM BEGINNING A YOUTH MINISTRY YET AFTER ALL THE WORK IVE DONE I AM HUNGRY AND ALMOST HOMELSS WHERE IS MY PRES WHERE IS MY COUNTRY I WILL WORK FOR FOOD 650 834 0222

    ReplyDelete