Friday, December 20, 2013

If You're Not a Chant Fan (or even if you are)

From movie trailer land two solid musical pieces.  The first is a Mumford remake of a Bod Dylan original that was scrapped.  Mumford and Dylan is about as good as it gets for me musically right now.




While I'm not a fan of going to the movies on Christmas Day, this film that releases December 25th has what I consider to be a really solid theme song called "Step Outside."  The song and the film are about breaking beyond "ordinary life" which can always be either a really good idea or a really bad idea, depending on what one means by the breaking beyond.  We're always called to conversion and to a returning to God and to he we are authentically made to be, which always involves leaving things behind and breaking through complacency.  Of course some take it as "I have to leave my wife, marry a snow boarding sky diver, and escape my ordinary life...well in that case the message would be misunderstood.

No comments:

Post a Comment