Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mumford on the Heroic Nature of Chastity

I posted last Summer about the band Mumford and Sons who, at the time, had some good Summer jams. 

Their new album is due out anytime, and one of the first songs off of the new album actually has some awesome lyrics.

Christina Mead posted about this over at Lifeteen.com, and you can read her full account here.  Needless to say, we need more people in the mainstream entertainment industry talking about the amazing strength it takes to be chaste instead of making sexual conquest seem like the difficult path.

You can read Christina's nice post by clicking here.  Below is a snippet.


"Can we just have a moment of silence in respect of the creative genius that wrote these lyrics and immortalized my thoughts about purity for endless generations to come? ( ……. ) Thank you.
Just put your eyes on this:
Now I’ll be bold
As well as strong
And use my head alongside my heart
So tame my flesh
And fix my eyes
That tethered mind freed from the lies
And I kneel down, wait for now
I’ll kneel down, know my ground
Raise my hands, paint my spirit gold
bow my head, keep my heart slow
Cause I will wait, I will wait for you
."
Enjoy a great song with a great message

2 comments:

  1. Now I am a officially more obsessed with Mumford. How about this line from "Roll Away Your Stone" "You told me that I would find a hole, with in the fragile substance of my soul. And I have filled this void with things unreal, and all the while my character it steals". So. Good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know these guys hang out with Bob Dylan, don't you???

    ReplyDelete