Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Confirmation, My Brother, and Reggie Miller

18 years ago today, several important things happened.
1) My brother Nathan was born
2) I was confirmed
3) Reggie Miller scored 8 points in 9 seconds to beat the dreaded New York Knicks



The irony of all this is that for most people, including probably myself at the time, my Confirmation was the third biggest thing to happen that day.

My priorities have since improved dramatically, but today also reminded me of one of my favorite song quotes, and it comes from Wyclef Jean:

"See the serpent plays tricks,
Runs game like the Knicks,
Builds you up just to lose the championship!"

I couldn't pass on the chance to thank God for my Confirmation and my brother Nate, while also getting another shot in on the Knicks!

No comments:

Post a Comment