Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Book On Pope Benedict

As I've said elsewhere, in the seminary I gobbled up Pope Benedict books like they were candy.  I new that most people would not have the luxury I was afforded...namely the time to read and study most of the day.

I started pulling out Pope Benedict's "greatest quotes" and putting them together by theme, and I found, after a while, that I had a book written.

It hasn't been edited, it isn't crisp, some of it hasn't been revised for over 4 years, but I do believe it is a nice resource for people who want to get some Pope Benedict quotes by theme.

It is also a nice read for people who want a snapshot of the now Pope-Emeritus Benedict's MANY amazing contributions to our Catholic Faith.

If you download it (it is totally free) and read it, I hope it helps you draw closer to Jesus Christ, His Church, and one of Christ's faithful followers.

Sorry I've never been able to actually go through the hoops to get it published, but I believe an electronic version is almost as handy these days.

You can download the book by clicking here.

4 comments:

  1. Kim in Rhode IslandMarch 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM

    Thank you Father, I downloaded to my phone and computer. I love all that the Catholic Church is doing on the internet, between blogs, tweets, facebook and more. It adds something special to my days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. It is amazing how quickly and easily it can all be done these days.

      Delete
  2. I only had a chance to peruse your book, but from what I can tell, it does an beautiful job of making Pope Benedict accessible to us. I learned a lot just by reading your explanations of the checks and balances of the world of theology and the Augustine/Aquinas difference. I'm heartened to see a priest, such as yourself, taking Benedict so deeply into your mind and heart. I think knowing of your love for him will color how I read everything else you write and say from now on.

    ReplyDelete