Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bishop Coyne's Remarks and His Mention of My Favorite Place on Earth

From Bishop Coyne's address yesterday comes an ode to my favorite place on earth - St. John's Catholic Church.

"St. John’s is the oldest Catholic parish in Indianapolis and its former pro Cathedral. many happy events including this one have been celebrated here. There are many words that seem to echo in this building. The words of Scripture, the words of ritual, words of prayer, words of encouragement all captured in the Faith that we share in the Word made flesh – Jesus Christ. In the midst of this beautiful symphony it is hard to hear the words of just one instrument ringing through, but I seem to hear the voice of the prophet Jeremiah. “I will give you shepherds after my own heart.”



The video of Bishop Coyne's address can be seen below. It was an AMAZING reflection.

Bishop Chris Coyne -- Ordination Remarks from Rocco Palmo on Vimeo.

1 comment: