Friday, July 6, 2012

Getting Caught Up on Movies

I'm behind on Summer movies, but here's an opportunity to get caught up again!  Just click on the movie title to get the review on the particular film.

Spider Man - not sure how I feel about remaking movies that are only 10 years old.  I'll probably see it at some point, but barring a phenomenal review from someone, I'll probably wait to rent.  The Bishops rate it at A-III, about what you'd expect for a movie attempting to be a Summer blockbuster trying to appeal to as many as possible.

People Like Us - A-III

Ted - thou shalt not see - "O"

Magic Mike - thou shalt not see - "O"

Stella Days - "L" (mature themes that some adults might find troubling)

Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter - this has to be a dare between two Hollywood exec's.  "Dude, you won't make a movie about Abraham Lincoln hunting vampires...oh yeah...yeah...want to bet...sure...I'll bet you my Ferrari you can't make that movie and actually make money on're on."  This movie also has the worst trailer I think I've ever seen - Abraham Lincoln reciting the Gettysburg Address as a voice over to myriad action shots of Lincoln killing vampires.  If someone sees this movie let me know if it is or is not the worst movie of all time.  The Bishops rated it as an "L".

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - I'd like to actually see this film.  I am a fan of both leads as actors (Keira Knightley and Steve Carrell) and it sounds like this film does some good things.  I'll report back if I ever do get the chance to take it in.  The Bishops give it an "L".