Wednesday, May 2, 2012

IVF in Fort Wayne

Many people have asked for my comments/thoughts on the IVF case that has made national news the past week or so.  I will be happy to talk about the Church's teaching on IVF; in fact, as soon as I can get my act together, I'll make a "warp speed" catechetical talk on the matter.

The reason I don't feel comfortable talking on the specific case is because there is a lot that I don't know, and it just has the feel of something that a priest shouldn't weigh in on without knowing all of the facts.

I think this Today show piece does a nice job of explaining the situation (write this date down - when have I ever said that before???), but again, probably not prudent to comment on something like this with so many questions left unanswered.  Pray for all involved.