Sunday, January 16, 2022

Homily on Evangelization, January 16th 2022

 

Our Psalm today is “Proclaim his marvelous deeds to all the nations” and “Announce His salvation day after day”

I want to ask us all to think about a question: “Are we proclaiming God’s marvelous deeds to all the nations?”  and are you announcing His salvation day after day?

 

If we are not yet announcing God’s salvation day after day, what might that look like?  I think a good place to start might be a line that we pray at every Mass, and that line is when we ask God to “order our days in His peace.”

 

I have found that to be the case, over time, as I have turned my life over to Christ, slowly and with fits and starts, He has ordered my life in His peace

 

What do I mean by ordered?  I mean that whereas when I was younger, I felt a lot of times like my life and the world around me were chaotic and I didn’t know which way was up, Christ has, over time, grounded my feet, because it is a sickening feeling to not know where the ground is.  As a priest, I have found an order in the rhythm of the day, daily Mass, a daily rosary, the Liturgy of the Hours that all priests promise to pray several times throughout each day, there is a comfort to that order which also still allows us also to be open to the new things, the intrusions of the spiritually poor and or physically poor.

 

In fact, I would say ordering our days according to God’s plan LEADS PRECISELY to our ability to spot the needs of our neighbors better.

 

And secondly, there is that word at the end – peace.  Christ, through His Church, offers each person peace…and in a world that seems to be attacking that Peace that Christ offers, a world that is attacking that Peace more and more each day…woe to us if we do not share what we have found in the Catholic Church, woe to us if we sit on this Good News and keep it for ourselves.

 

May each of us proclaim Christ’s marvelous deeds to all the nations and announce His salvation day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment