Friday, September 25, 2015

Beautiful Quote from Pope Francis...

...that was completely twisted by some in the media.

I saw one outlet that was reporting that the Pope, at Vespers at St. Pat's, admonished priests for the sex abuse crisis.

What he ACTUALLY said was beautiful and moved me a great deal.  Here's what he actually said



I know that, as a presbyterate [group of priests] in the midst of God’s people, you suffered greatly in the not distant past by having to bear the shame of some of your brothers who harmed and scandalized the Church in the most vulnerable of her members… In the words of the Book of Revelation, I say that you “have come forth from the great tribulation” (Rev 7:14). I accompany you at this moment of pain and difficulty, and I thank God for your faithful service to his people.






Beautiful.  Pray for the victims AND for all those priests who've never done any of the evil that it is fashionable to hoist on every priest



No comments:

Post a Comment