Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Catholic Democrats

Why is it that Catholics who vote Democrat typically are for big government, regulations, a higher authority coming in and telling people how to live and govern their lives....

But when it comes to their Catholic Faith they typically resist "the bureaucracy" of the Church and all forms of authority and believe that no one should ever tell them how they should live out their moral life?



At least a Catholic Republican can say "I'm for a strong Church, but I want the government out of my life"

But the Catholic Democratic thought of "I'm for a strong, authoritative government but I want the Church out of my life" doesn't make any sense to me.




UPDATED: As I've thought about this more, perhaps it is that Democrats feel like man as a political being needs a lot of oversight while religious man does not??  Thoughts?