Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Media Coverage of Archbishop's Retirement

Indianapolis Star
As with Bishop Coyne, I felt the Star did a great job covering the story with this morning's front page story. The only thing I found strange was the inclusion that reitred professor of history Jim Divita (Marian University) predicted that the next archbishop would be "conservative on Church matters and liberal on social issues." Really? How could you make a prediction like that? My only hope is that the professor was offering his HOPE for the next archbishop's leanings, and that it was the reporter who put too much weight behind the guess.

Pre Press Conference TV from Fox 59 AM

 

Very nice story post interview by WTHR's Kevin Rader

2 comments:

  1. I felt Fox 59 was trying to make this into a larger issue. They said that Bishop Coyne is a controversial figure, because of him being the spokesperson for Cardinal Law during the sex abuse crisis. I just picked up the remote and turned the TV off and said to myself, "Give me a Break"

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh it brought tear to my eyes to see our archbishop with tears in his:(

    ReplyDelete